WHO TAUGHT YOU HOW TO DRAW???
I have been a former school teacher of over twenty years who studied under two professional artists.
WHO HAVE YOU DRAWN, AND WHERE???
I've spent over six years in Las Vegas and coast to coast traveling with my husband making thousands of entertaining caricatures at: major hotels, fine restaurants, parties, conventions, and special events. Such celebrities as Frank Sinatra, Jay Leno, Red Skelton, Tom Jones, Dean Martin, Diana Ross, and many others have been presented with my original art work and there's a story to go with each one.
WHO'S THE MAN ALWAYS HANGING AROUND YOU WHEN YOU'RE DRAWING???
My husband OF COURSE! He broke the Guinness Book of World Records in 1976 for the longest one man band non-stop performance seventeen hours and seventy-six minutes in the bicentennial year at the Silver City Casino on the Las Vegas Strip!!!
DIDN'T I SEE HIM IN THE PAPER, ONE TIME, A LONG TIME AGO???
Yes, Wild Bill Cooksey missed getting published in the Book but he was celebrated in over five hundred newspapers around the world.
ISN'T THIS THE GUY WHO OPENED FOR A BUNCH OF VEGAS STARS???
WELL, Wild Bill Cooksey DID perform on stage with over two hundred hit recording artists from Guy Lombardo to Jerry Lee Lewis, the Drifters... from the Ink spots to the Coasters, Del Shannon to Grampa Jones...
WHY DID THEY CALL HIM THE LOUNGE LIZARD???
Because he has a chameleon personality which warms to individuals making them feel as if there is no other person in the audience but them... on stage, TV and radio.
HEY! THIS GUY WORKED IN GIANT ARENAS TOO, DIDN'T HE???
Yes, now that you mention it, Wild Bill Cooksey was the opening act in concerts
for stars like Chuck Berry, Freddy Fender, and Blood Sweat and Tears, and
he motivated crowds of up to 25,000 people at a time.
He's also been a successful Nashville recording artist, a Las Vegas Journalist and Author.
ISN'T HIS HUMOR A LITTLE BIT BIZARRE???
Silly, amusing, and mad-cap, Wild Bill targets his bizarre humor straight to the funny bone. Involvement is the key to making people laugh and he's a real pro at this. That's why I need him with me. He sees everything as exaggerated gags and I put them on paper! The combination is unbeatable!
EXACTLY HOW DO THE TWO OF YOU WORK SO WELL TOGETHER AT SPECIAL BUSINESS AND PROMOTINAL EVENTS???
We go to the people where they sit, if they do, and offer to draw them for no charge as a courtesy of the dealership. We let them know that the picture is complimentary of you, We name your dealership. We tell them it's free and it's funny! Usually they will start to laugh and say "Sure, go ahead!" We've seen serious people lighten up.
We do not interfere with the salesman's pitch but many times it is the salesman who calls us over to his table to ease an otherwise tense moment. As you know, happy people are easier to convince, if you're trying to sell cars.
I take about thirty seconds to draw the basic outline and then I withdraw to my table where we finish the picture complete with gags. It normally takes me about three minutes to do the whole picture but because we put in gags and add color, it takes a couple of minutes longer.
On the bottom we write compliments of your dealership or we stamp the cartoon paper with your official stamp.
After that, I dramatically unveil the cartoon. For example: I might ask, did you say you wanted more hair? Then I unfold the picture to show a rabbit, or hare, sitting on the man's mostly bald head.
HERE IS OUR STEP BY STEP DESCRIPTION???
What the Cookseys do when making caricatures:
* Bill and Janae offer people a complimentary caricature, courtesy of the sponsor. This may be done by physically going to the people, or by speaking to them in a stationary set-up position with a microphone as they walk by.
* While Janae begins the drawing, Bill talks to the people to make them feel comfortable, soliciting personalized information which may become part of the gag caption.
* After approximately thirty seconds, having sketched the basic preliminary features, Janae concentrates on producing the finished drawing.
* Bill continues talking with the people, getting them to laugh and feel comfortable, while bringing out more potential material for the personalized gags included on the finished caricature.
* Bill and Janae quickly agree on the final gags and captions. Then Bill entertains with chit chat or short songs that apply to what the people have revealed about themselves, as Janae feverishly adds the final creative touches to the anticipated masterpiece.
* The finished drawing, which may be completed in three to ten minutes depending on the number of people and gags in the picture, is presented to the "stars" in a folded over fashion while certain clues are given to create suspense (and if the guitar has been requested, the music rises to a crescendo, accenting a magical mood of anxiety).
* Dramatically the picture is unveiled. It is unfolded and held high for all the people who have gathered around to see and enjoy while the embarrassed "stars" roar with laughter the moment they see themselves revealed in a cartoon mirror on Cooksey's captivating creative canvas of life.
* Bill and Janae then offer others a complimentary caricature, courtesy of the sponsor. However, by this time the requests come rapidly from people who don't want to be missed as objects of the Cooksey's Caricature Comedy Roast.
REMEMBER: WHEN YOU USE BILL AND JANAE COOKSEY'S SERVICES, YOU ARE HELPING
TO FUND THEIR "FREE ONLINE PHONICS CLASSES" PRESENTED BY THE INTERNATIONAL
SCHOOL OF FOUNDATIONAL PHONICS
Founded and established by Bill and Janae Cooksey 1994